TheBookPatch.com Launches: Writers of All Types Have Free Online Destination with Myriad Tools for Writing; Users Can Even Print One Book at a Time
May 19, 2010 (Scottsdale, Ariz.) – The world of writing has seemingly changed overnight. TheBookPatch.com, a new online destination, has assembled the best tools for writers of all types and given them the freedom to print one book at a time for as little as $3 to $16 each. The site leverages the foremost in technology, writing tools and affordable printing options for aspiring and established authors and is free to use. According to a 2004 National Endowment for the Arts survey, there are more than 14 million people in the United States doing creative writing.
TheBookPatch was created by Number One New York Times Best Selling Author Victor Ostrovsky as the tool he always wanted when writing. For example, on TheBookPatch.com, authors can use its word processing platform to write their book anywhere in the world with an Internet connection.
- Authors can store information about characters, story lines, chapter outlines, author's notes, etc.
- Authors can easily self publish and print as little as one copy of their book; templates and wizards for cover book art and other helpful tools are also accessible, free of charge
- Many professional resources are made available for writers, such as editors, ghostwriters, graphic designers and PR agents
- There are also tools for feedback from other writers and opportunities to collaborate on books together; authors make their own privacy and copyright decisions for each book
- Authors can sell their books with no fee on the site's virtual bookstore
"As an author myself, I looked at the site from a writer's perspective: what would help me, what would I want, what did other writers say they wanted, etc.," said Victor Ostrovsky, founder of TheBookPatch.com "Our users have been so excited and sent comments in about how this is a dream come true for them."
"Everyone has a book inside of them and we want to make it as easy as possible to bring out the author in each of us," said Ostrovsky.
TheBookPatch users are from all around the United States, as well as countries such as India, Japan, Germany, United Kingdom, Italy, and many more. Book categories include memoirs, fiction, non-fiction, family albums, yearbooks, manuals, party favors/memory books, historical pieces, and article compilations, to name a few.
For more information, visit www.TheBookPatch.com.
TheBookPatch, which is based in Scottsdale, Ariz., is a privately held company. From word one on page one, to a published copy that's ready for sale, TheBookPatch is a one-stop writing and self-publishing Web site for authors of all levels and purposes. It is completely free to use. For additional information, visit www.TheBookPatch.com.
News Media Contact: